Making cheese at home
Saturday 12 August 2017
HALF DAY: 15:00 - 18:00
PROJECT: Ricotta, haloumi and fresh goat's cheese
Making your own fresh cheese is as satisfying as it is delicious. You control the quality of ingredients, the (lack of) additives used—and you're saving a tidy sum of money in the process.
What if I told you that in your very kitchen, you probably already have all the bits and bobs you need to make your own fresh cheese?
You'll be gate-crashing picnics just so you can take and share your homemade fromage. Oui.
- the traditional techniques behind this once necessary skill
- how to make fresh cheeses with both cow's and goat's milk
- how to get by without expensive equipment
- how to experiment with different flavours
- hands-on instruction by two teachers
- all ingredients to make (and eat!) your cheese in class...
- ...plus delicious morsels to take home and show off
- a comprehensive workbook written just for this workshop
- made-from-scratch morning tea with specialty tea, coffee and cold drinks
Workshops are kept to a maximum of 8. Bookings essential.