Crochet granny squares
Late 2017: Date to be confirmed
HALF DAY: 14:00 - 17:30
A granny square is the poster girl of crochet. Everyone knows someone who has a granny square blanket, right? Even if it's on Breaking Bad, or Roseanne, you've seen one.
You can make one square as a coaster, or hundreds to join together as a blanket. Little scraps of yarn work best: the ultimate in make-do.
And they're a bit like a loving, warm hug. We could all do with granny squares in our lives. Even Walter White needed one.
- the foundations of a granny square
- how to change colours
- how to join your squares securely
- how to recognise and fix mistakes
- hands-on instruction by two teachers - one rightie and one leftie
- enough yarn to make your granny squares during the workshop and to make a few more at home after!
- a complete crochet kit to keep
- a comprehensive workbook written just for this workshop
- made-from-scratch afternoon tea with specialty tea, coffee and cold drinks
Workshops are kept to a maximum of 12. Bookings essential.