Dyeing with botanicals
Late 2017: date to be confirmed
FULL DAY: 10:00 - 16:00
PROJECT: Dyeing journal and a loot of swatches
Part emotional artist part mad scientist, dyeing with botanicals is addictive. Once you've learnt the basics, you'll be testing your willpower not to pop everything into a dyebath.
- the natural dyeing process, including what can and can't be dyed
- how to achieve a rainbow of lasting colours
- how to document your experiments so you can repeat your beautiful results
- how to care for your finished dyed pieces so they stay looking as you intended
- a full day of hands-on instruction by two teachers—one rightie and one leftie
- all materials and dyes for the workshop projects
- a dyeing journal filled with templates so you can continue your dyeing adventures with confidence
- a comprehensive workbook written just for this workshop
- made-from-scratch morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
Workshops are kept to a maximum of 12. Bookings essential.