Late 2017: Date to be confirmed
HALF DAY: 09:30 - 13:00
PROJECT: Wall hanging
If you don't consider yourself the 'crafty' type, but you do seek the satisfaction of making (and finishing!) something with your own hands, weaving might just be your thing.
- how to prepare the loom to keep your work sturdy and even
- which materials lend themselves to weave
- the fundamental stitches...
- ...and a fancy one
- how to securely finish your piece so your hard work doesn't unravel
- creative ways to display your weave
- hands-on instruction by two teachers—one rightie and one leftie
- your own Loom & Spindle loom for keeps
- a beginner's weaving kit for keeps
- enough materials to complete your wall hanging
- a comprehensive workbook written just for this workshop
- made-from-scratch morning tea with specialty tea, coffee and cold drinks
Workshops are kept to a maximum of 12. Bookings essential.