Pompoms and tassels
Late 2017: Date to be confirmed
HALF DAY: 14:00 - 17:30
PROJECT: Wall hanging
Pompom. Pompon. Pon-pon. Whichever way, it's super cute. It's hard to feel sad around these fluffy, spherical tufts, used to embellish all sorts of things.
Her more sophisticated cousin, the tassel, doesn't have to be relegated to embellishing curtains, either. Made from a whole range of materials, and in all shapes and sizes, tassels are addictive.
You'll be making yourself a set of pasties before you know it.
- the structures of pompoms and tassels
- how to choose suitable materials for each
- how to fasten them off securely so they don't fall apart
- creative ways to use (and display!) your handiwork
- hands-on instruction by two teachers - one rightie and one leftie
- a variety of yarn to make loads of pompoms and tassels for your wall hanging (including a lovely stick to hang it from)
- a comprehensive workbook written just for this workshop
- made-from-scratch afternoon tea with specialty tea, coffee and cold drinks
Workshops are kept to a maximum of 12. Bookings essential.